I understood many things about British life after reading this book.
At first, I was surprised because afternoon tea is not a drink. I ever thought that afternoon tea is a drink as coffee break but, in fact, it is a small meal. Another is what most ordinary British families do not have time for afternoon tea at home. I also was surprised about this thing. Though this habit of afternoon tea was a tradition in the old days, It was in the distant past now.
In the old days, when they had an afternoon tea, they often ate sandwiches and cakes as friends of tea with their visitors. They did like that and they enjoyed during the time. I feel that this habit is so beautiful because it looks like they have inner reserves. And then, they often eat scones. A scone looks like so good!
And I found that the British population over the age of ten drinks about two handred million cups of tea a day. I think that it shows what tea is more familiar than other drinks. And I like tea too.
Next, I found what England is not right name. The right name is Britain or Great Britain. Moreover, British people speaks not only English but also Gaelic in the west, north of Scotland and Northern Ireland. There are some things else, some of them speaks Welsh.
It is interesting for me to know those things because I like Britain and other countries.
I chose this book the reason is it. I have a good interest about foreign countries.
And I also like countryside in Britain because it scenery is so lovely for me.
So, I want to visit Britain someday! [287 words]
No comments:
Post a Comment