When I found this book which is Notting Hill, I chose this book because I knew this story. I am using this story as text book of listening class. So, I could understand easily this story. And we can learn many words and phrases and the like which is used by us in real life by reading this book. The book has many expressing emotions because this story is human drama and love story. This book has expressing of words which we can often use in our life, so to read this book becomes our good studying of English. In fact, many phrases which I learned are so useful and I can use them in real life. I could learn them pleasantly in the class.
This movie, Notting Hill is so famous because this story is appreciated by a lot of people at cinema. My father also have seen this movie when he was a university student. Julia Roberts and Hugh Grant appear in this story as main character. Julia Roberts also is an actress in this story and Hugh Grant is an owner of book store. Content of this story is love story but I do not particularly like love story. When I saw this movie, I felt that Julia Roberts' hair is beautiful and her hair color is so nice.
And a key person who Hugh Grant acts as a main character has some good friends and he often is spending with them and his younger sister. It looks like fun and happy. I like a pleasant atmosphere. So, I liked the scene a little. When I saw the movie, a scene was began which his friend began singing a song, his friend sung 'Wawawawa~♪'. I remember it and I like the scene which the friend was singing because his friend sung it very well and the Wawawawa~♪ was cheerful. I like a cheerful thing. And I have two brothers. It is older brother and younger brother. So, I can see the pleasure which is to spend with brother and I can see the pleasure which is to spend with good friends, too because I also have many good friends and I sometimes spend few days with them. It moment makes us happy and it moment is precious for me.
And a famous song was used in last scene of this movie. The song is 'She'. This song was sung by Elvis Costello in the movie but it is covered song by him. I have heard the song, so, I knew the song but I did not know what the song was used in this movie. So, when I listened to this song in the movie, I was surprised a little and I felt that this song is matching the last scene. And the last scene has moderate and mild atmosphere. There are some cute children, and they were playing while running in the last scene. And main character also was spending while relaxing on bench. I also liked the scene because I like mild atmosphere, too. This movie has some my favorite atmospheres and scenes. This movie also has some happy scenes. And there is a scene in the last scene which Julia Roberts and Hugh Grant was walking on red carpet. I felt that the scene is like real because actresses and actors often walk on the red carpet. I felt that the scene of movie was amusing. And I thought that Julia Roberts was pretty and beautiful though she is not my favorite actress. I felt that she suit many kinds of style.
[603 words]
PENGUIN READERS/ RICHARD CURTIS/ 1999

No comments:
Post a Comment