1.26.2013

BR 2-5: THE USA


I chose this book because I want to know American history, culture, popular thing, and so on. I thought that I need knowledge about USA on learning English because I have a plan which is studying abroad for a month. I am going to go to Saint Paul, Minnesota in America for home stay for a month in summer of this year. So, I thought that I need to know things about America for home stay before going there.

This book is written about George Washington, history, the war of independence, signing the declaration of independence, Abraham Lincoln, cowboy, the state of liberty, Black Americans, America is Black and white, the government of the USA, the white house, the Mississippi river and Niagara Falls.

First, I could know and understand American history by reading this book and I could know historic back ground and cultural back ground of America. I like the declaration of independence and Abraham Lincoln because I felt that contents of the declaration of independence has a transparent feeling, limpid, bright and clear, I think that the declaration of independence is a great fruit of people who fought for freedom and equality. And I felt that he was loved by people and god because he was thinking seriously about real justice and he was praying to god for real justice, people and America. So, he is a great person. I think, America must not lost liberty, global justice and mind of toleration because America is a country of liberty and America was made by people who have the ambition for freedom, justice, equality and glory of god.

Next, I was thought about some problems of Jim Crow, white society and gun society by reading this book, too. I think that the collapse of the karma of humanity that brought by ethnic discrimination by whites will have to happen. Although America is a power of freedom, America has a problem of a drug and a gun, some are covered in a variety of corruption. So, I feel that a discipline should be made about them. I do not hope that America declines by becoming obvious of karma of civilization of whites superiority and depravity and I want America to keep to hold a mind of freedom, tolerance, and justice, evolve further into a strong country which can realize a peace and prosperity of the world while pursuit real justice.

And this book is written about a government in America. I thought that a government of now in America is leaning socialism but the tendency is not good because a country can’t develop and a country will be weak and poor by socialism. In fact, a national defense expenditure of America was decreased by Obama. It is one of causes of weaken of a country. And although the plan of tax increase on the wealthy was avoided after all, Obama has said to raise taxes on the wealthy before. The tax increase on the wealthy is so dangerous for economics in America because the wealthy will escape from America because of the tax increase and a lot of money is lost from America. The tax increase is opposite effects for tax revenue and it only make matters worse. And Japan also has same problem about these. I want a politician to choose a way of develop for our country.  



[561 words]


 Oxford Bookworms Factfiles/Alison Baxter/1999/Oxford

No comments:

Post a Comment