1.26.2013

BR 2-6: Australia and New Zealand


I chose this book because I wanted to know about New Zealand. When I chose this book, I had a plan which I am to go New Zealand for home stay for a month but the plan was changed recently. I became to go Saint Paul, Minnesota in America. So, I borrowed other book which is written about America, too. Then, this book is written about Australia and New Zealand. 

First, I will tell you about Australia. For example, Australia has Uluru which is so large and huge rock. The rock is so famous and the rock is regarded as a holy thing. Uluru often is introduced with many kinds of information tool. So, we can know it very well with them. Next is about animals of Australia. There are special animals in Australia. For example, Australia has a red kangaroo, a duckbill, an emu, a crocodile and a koala. They are so famous animals as Australia's animal. So, a lot of people go to zoo for sightseeing in Australia. Especially, a red kangaroo and a koala are so popular. And this book is written about Australia's past, cities, Sydney, birds and plants, an echidna, sheep, cattle, minerals and wheat and very good wine. Moreover, this book is written about some events which are a back garden barbecue, surfing and Christmas on the beach. I was so surprised what Australian often spend a moment of Christmas on the beach. If you want to know more information about Australia, I recommend you to read this book. 

Next is New Zealand. I will tell you about this country. This book is written about information of New Zealand, too. For example there are topics which are a kauri tree, a tuatara, a kiwi, cities, Wellington, Christchurch, twenty sheep and three cows and a kiwifruit and so on. A sheep is my favorite thing of New Zealand because they are so cute and calm. If I could go to New Zealand, I would have wanted to rip off fresh wool from a sheep for a souvenir. And I wanted to spend and play with a sheep. I wanted to run along with a sheep. But If I went to go there after a sheep is cut their hair, the view must be so empty. I want to see a flock of a sheep in New Zealand. And I could know about temperature, weather and a season. A season in New Zealand when we are spending a summer season in Japan is fall or winter. I like a cool season but I dislike a hot season. So, I wanted to escape to New Zealand in summer of this year.

And there is a place which is Christchurch in New Zealand. The place became so famous place because the place had a big earthquake a few years ago. I thought wonder circumstances of the place became better, the place is reviving now. I was praying with everyone for a living people and the place. I fish that citizen of the place can spend calm days and they can develop and be happy more and more.

[521 words]

     

Oxford Bookworms Factfiles/1998/Christine Lindop/Oxford



No comments:

Post a Comment